mercredi 18 novembre 2009

The Clinic is on!!!!!!!!!!

The Clinic is full steam on!!!... Yesterday, off line….OK off this line but on an other one, somebody who is going for her first first date this Friday asked me a very important question “How to manage the first date?” For those who wonder what the Clinic is, have a look at the posting “Clinic” (if I was a techy I will put a link, but I am useless with a computer, help welcome)

Obviously Doctor Love (Damn!! I really need to find an other name , this one is seriously shit, again help welcome) is already known on the world wide web. So me and my team started to work out the best treatment (imagine Doctor House and his team…ish).

Ok I will not spend too much time on what we all know: find a safe place.
Yes, there are a lot of very weird people on Meetic (“Hello, Mister Socks, how are you doing?”) and therefore a safe place is paramount, just in case you did not know, your house is not a safe place.

Now, to the more useful advice, the best date is a short one, at least for the first one.
So going for a dinner on Friday night could lead to a lot of very difficult situations:
-Situation one, your date is super boring, how are you going to stay alive for the next 3 hours?
-Situation two, your date is scary, how are you going to stay alive after the three hours?
-Situation three, your date is OK but seems to want to “do” much more than you would like to (of course, the person asking for advice here is part of the respectable ones who don’t want to have sex on the first night (she did not find it funny at all when I suggested to have nice knickers! – I was joking!)) . So how to exit after three hours?

No the suggestion is instead to go for a short café or even lunch break, propose a 30 min date. Make a good excuse, to leave early, if you like what you are seeing stay 45 min this will send a strong message that you are interested, don’t stay 2 hours because that will just send the message that you were bluffing. If you don’t like what your are seeing that make the pain short lived and you can forget about it quickly…If you still can’t: you had a traumatic experience, come to the Clinic we will talk.

For the lunch break date, this is OK for the first date, but not to be repeated in subsequent dates, I don t know how you are on your lunch break but it is usually not the right "spirit to connect, especially if you are having an appraisal to do in the morning, a client pitch in the afternoon, with a big deadline looming –you get the idea.

Short meeting of course, can be gently altered if your date is travelling 700 km to see you. I am not a big fan of this type of date but if you are, I think 30 min can be on the short side. (“yes, my Russian friend, this is the only reason why we did not meet!”)

You’ve set the time line, you are in a safe place, all cool. What would you talk about? Not the subject of this posting, but expect to talk about your experience on Meetic.

The alternative, to a short date, is an action pack and natural date….what?
Ok, let me explain, try to engineer a meeting where you could in fact genuinely meet somebody. For example, my local Ping Pong club do open days, where outsiders can come and play with different people. You could make your meeting look like a normal one! Amazing… OK Ping Pong is a bit "niche" but you could try with something else. And rather than talking for 30 min about Meetic, you can do something that you both enjoy. Both, because again we are responding to the request above: we are talking of standard date here.

In both cases, short or natural date, this allows you to break the ice and at least the next time you meet can look more like old friends meeting again (if you dont forget to collect some basic information about him/her!).
Yes , yes , this is a serious comment, dont look so surprise!

I am so sure that we are defining the standard of webdating, I like the idea that in the near future people on chat will say “What type of guy are you? – I am a DL type”….Yes I said it before: not megalo at all!

Please your comments and experience welcome, and don’t expect update about this date on Friday, this is private matter and I am not sure I own the IP on it.

1 commentaire: