dimanche 22 novembre 2009

Go on go on go on!!!

Hello all of you, the 22 million 600 thousand reading this blog every week... ok maybe more the 3 of you if i am lucky (including me); you can now leave anonymus message so go on go on go on!!!
I am doing all the work here but you have as much (if not much more) wisdom than me, so share it with us, it will make us stronger against the evil.
PS: Personal message to myself then, much better tonight i am on Everything but The Girl (no nothing to do with meetic, this is the group)

3 commentaires:

  1. Hi DL, I very much welcome the opportunity to be able to post anonymous comments. I have experienced a problem which I am unsure of how to handle. It has to do with messages from people who doesn't understand your self ad, such as:

    "...Can you explain a bit about the cheeky streak you look for in a man ?"

    "...What is a cheeky streak?"

    "...my english is not very well. what is cheeky streak"

    I find this slightly disconcerting and was wondering whether you would recommend a "please do not attempt to contact me if you do not understand my self ad" paragraph. Or whether this might in fact increase the problem? Maybe other readers have experienced something similar? All advice welcome. Thanks.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Ok to start with: I swear it is not me writing once more…
    You can imagine for two days the conversation went like that in my head”

    Me 1 – It is you who wrote that?
    Me 2 – No it is not me, is it you then?
    Me 1 –Of course no,not with the 2500 loggings I have why would I use anonymous
    Me 2 – I don’t know because you are fucking weird
    Me 1 – I am sure it is you in fact
    Me 3 - can you both shut up it is time to bed
    Me 1 – ...
    Me 1 - could it be Me23?
    Me 2- yes, 23 is seriously weird”
    On so on….

    Ok anonymous, you are seriously right to be concerned because I don’t mind their English not being perfect, I mind that they seem not to be able to google it. And the answer is were you put a stop to it. I think you should not bother with anybody who turn up on meetic and cannot use a computer (see my previous comments about creating a link) because surely they are desperate if they are here despite their incapacity of being here… if you see what I mean?
    I would rather put a warning like “please do not attempt to contact me if you do not know how to use a computer” apart of course if English is an absolute must for you.

    Guys if you are the one who wrote one of these “request for information” just don’t… if you don’t get some points in the ad, it is much wiser to take an other point as an anchor (such a nasty term)... an opening (mmm not really better).

    OK I give up it is late am tired Anonymous, the good news is you are not on your own....
    Keep us posted on the progress.

    RépondreSupprimer