samedi 14 novembre 2009

Meetic Virgin Welcome

For those of you who wonder what the fxxxk we are talking about here, I feel compel to provide you with some explanation.

I am going to take you through gently because you could end up seriously traumatize.
Sometime before the 21st century I was like you in a normal relationship, all was good, we met face to face a while ago, in a classic way, discussed in bars and at our work place and end up together, not a computer in sight (Ok just to stress, I am not that old, computer did exist even internet but not in human relationship). You get the idea guys?

For those who try to follow, bear with me because it is going to become very complicate – thing you have never imagine: a parallel universe.

Now sometime in the 21st century, I lost what make me, and after, to put it mildly, a time of reflection, I am here and thinking OK, let meet new people.

And this is when I woke up to the 21st century. You dont meet people face to face anymore, you have to use this omnipresent boxes call computer.
Still no idea what I am talking about? OK, what you need to do today to meet somebody it is logging on a computer, gives you credit card detail. No, no this is not for meeting professional, you give you credit card just to meet normal people. When you thing about it , it is not far from going clubbing except here you club extend to approx fifty thousand people (you can see now what it is time consuming) . As a good friend of mine who is currently losing his wife to cancer told me once « the net is like a virtual cocktail party ».

Ok so what do you find on this computer, people waiting for you inside? Mmm, not far but not really, you see clever and less clever marketing, we are basically all putting advertising about ourselves. Which in principle could seems a good idea, because that could help everybody to find likeminded people, however the fraud is that a) in some cases, people have a very « approximate » view about who they are and what they want b) in other cases they simply lie.... Again not far from in the real world. On the plus side, the big benefit of this club is you can do seating at your desk pretending you are working!

For the people who did not experience it, I am guessing that you are not much more clearer about it, but as I say, I need to be gentle with you guys, for the others please feel free to add comments.

Let me be clear straight away, for the shy people and the « happily » married one who would love to be on Meetic but are to scare to dare, I promise to provide you very exiting insight of what you find there. I will also provide guideline on what not to do. I wonder how long will we have to wait before we see proper advertising in the tube for « one day training course on how to fill in your Meetic profile » (note to myself : if short of cash, possible business venture)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire